Thursday, December 18, 2014

Life as a leaf

In the fall, Mark Twain Elementary sent home a flier about drama club for grades K-2.  Kamden is always singing, dancing, and is very outgoing, so I thought this would be a fun after-school activity for him.  He was a little reluctant at first...what kindergartener has heard of drama club or even knew what was expected from him?  So I asked him to go the first day and give it a try.

After the first night, I asked him if he liked it and he did.  I asked him what they did and he told me he was a leaf.  A leaf, huh?  This should be interesting!

He came home with lines but would not practice them with us.  However, several times I heard how well he was doing and that his practice was evident.  I chuckled inside...what practice?  Anyhow, I was excited to see what my son had been doing for 6-weeks, and tonight was the performance!

Practicing before his in-school performance...He looks so serious!
The play was about several leaves who were afraid to jump/fall off the tree.  Kamden was the confident leaf trying to convince everyone that there was nothing to be afraid of.  He did a great job and I was very proud of him!


Kamden is growing up so quickly....it seems like just yesterday that he cried every morning at preschool drop off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment